Controls Engineer I is a key member of the team who develops and implements unique and powerful control systems for a wide variety of energy applications.
1. Develop, simulate, test, and digital controls for a wide variety of applications, especially for electrical systems
2. Support transfer of digital controls to a production software environment (i.e. be a part-time member of a production software team implementing digital control systems)
3. Support Sales and Marketing by performing simulations of control of customer-specific electrical systems, documenting methods and results, and presenting to customers
4. Participate in commissioning and monitoring of electrical systems
5. Collect and interpret field data from active electrical systems
6. If requested, present and/or publish work in various venues for example internally, to customers, to partners, and at industry events
1. BS Electrical or Controls Engineering or applicable MS degree
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in a field involving control system design and testing
3. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
4. Knowledge and experience developing and simulating digital control systems
5. Proficiency in numerical methods; e.g., familiar with these numerical algorithms:
a. Nonlinear regression
c. Differentiation and integration
d. Solving systems of equations
e. Time discretization and simulation
6. Excellent Matlab and Simulink skills
7. Proficiency developing object oriented software using test-driven development techniques
8. Strong skills in physics and applied mathematics
9. Strong knowledge of electronics, building electrical systems, and transmission and distribution systems
10. Ability to work in a team-based software development environment
11. Ability to clearly communicate results of work to peers, customers, and partners
12. Tenacious problem solving abilities.
13. Strong attention to detail based on vigilance in the analysis to enable correct conclusions.