The manufacturing engineer will support the specification, layout, design, assembly, quality, delivery and cost reduction of Demand Energy hardware systems. This person works closely with design engineering, quality and production to take design changes and new designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production. Responsibilities of this positions also include procurement engineering; providing technical support to the supply base of OEM and peripheral components of the Demand Energy storage system.
• Critical member of the DFX team. (DFX – Design for manufacturability, quality, cost,
procureability, installability, serviceability, safety
• Develop container layouts and ensure in meets local and regional electrical codes
• Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to document new processes
• Support continuous improvement of manufacturing and test activities to achieve and exceed
• Participate in failure analysis documentation, research, and investigation activities.
• Lead improvement projects based on supplier and field.
• Support bill of materials verification and ECO activities.
• Incorporate engineering specifications into design, process, or techniques and provide feedback
to capture lessons learned.
• Analyze and report on test results and develop corrective actions
• BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or
• 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
• Experience developing manufacturing processes for new and unique products
• Experience transitioning products from prototype to production
• Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks preferred,
Catia is also a plus)
• Experience developing equipment specifications
• Experience managing and guiding electrical equipment integrators
• Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
• Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Engineering change control experience.