The Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Construction Manager will provide consultative support to management, employees and contractors with the goal of maintaining and improving the company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality values and programs. This regional position will support renewable energy development, engineering and construction activities.
* Maintenance, development and implementation of Health, Safety Environment & Quality programs, compliance plans, and initiatives focused around company Safety & Environment values, goals, objectives, and various regulations including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
* Key HSEQ resource and support to Business Development and Engineering & Construction unit for assigned projects.
* Manage construction site HSEQ staff.
* Lead the investigation of incidents, near misses and counsel employees involved in incidents to prevent reoccurrence for assigned area.
* Conducts periodic audits, inspections, observations of contractors to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards during construction operations.
* Develop, conduct, coordinate, and track various training to support company programs.
* Investigate and take appropriate actions concerning employee requests, complaints and concerns involving unsafe conditions/practices.
* Work with construction staff in maintenance and development of site specific Safety, Environment, and quality programs including conducting hazard analysis.
* Acts with integrity in all HSEQ matters to maintain Safety & Environment compliance and excellence
* Coordinate Safety & Environment internal and regulatory reporting, including data collection and reporting for assigned projects.
* Oversee data maintenance and collection for company environmental reporting.
* Coordinate and monitor the selection, training, and use of PPE as needed
* Support development and M&A activities.
* Provide information and assist in the development of budget forecasts, schedules and associated cost information and labor allocations
* Special Projects as required including coordination of and/or participate in various company Safety, Environment and Quality initiatives.
* Act as a buyer for the Safety & Environment department and work with procurement on procurement of equipment
* Contribute to the overall needs and objectives of the unit and company.
* Maintain a positive rapport with various state and federal regulatory agencies
* Maintain HSEQ data integrity and reporting within all data systems, including SAP