The Customer Success Group is looking for an intelligent and motivated technical writer that thrives in a positive, energetic start-up like environment. Excellent communications skills, proven experience in documenting complex SaaS systems (for systems that include software and hardware components), experience in the energy sector and good organizational skills are key to making this exciting opportunity a great experience.
● Exceptional writing skills and experience appropriate for a wide variety of end-user clients. Typical clients may include both technical individuals such as sales engineers, advanced operators and engineering consultants, and individuals with less technical focus such as CFO’s and Facility Fleet Managers.
● Experience working in a fast paced, agile and collaborative team environment
● Proven project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
● Create end-user documentation, leveraging system description, design, and user requirement documents.
● Be comfortable in adopting a "hands-on" approach with early releases to enable documenting new product features and functions.
● Identify and make recommendations for process and tool improvements that increase the efficiency and productivity of the technical documentation team
● Coordinate product launches with Product Management for both internal and external audiences
● Build engaging benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and design, and strong content organization.
● 6+ years of relevant experience with a related degree, or 9+ years relevant experience.
● 2+ years’ experience in the energy sector extremely desirable. Experience in Commercial / Industrial energy solutions, Behind-the-Meter storage, solar energy generation, microgrids (or components thereof) would all be an enormous plus. At the very least, the candidate needs good understanding of electric energy and power concepts.
● Proven experience in
o organizing and maintaining a current internal documentation library.
o providing or coordinating unplanned documentation services.
o gathering, analyzing, researching, and composing technical information.
o translating technical information into clear, readable documents to be utilized by both technical and non-technical users.
● Self-starter capable of working with little or no direction.
● Experience creating documentation that allows straightforward and unambiguous translation into different languages
● Cloud based documentation systems, including but not limited to Google docs and Google drive environments.
● Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
● Demonstrated ability to write and publish documents using (check into tools used by Enernoc)
● Adobe Acrobat Professional as well as screen capture software.
Desirable but not mandatory...
● Agile/ Jira/Salesforce/Confluence experience.
● Experience documenting Java, Web Services (SOAP/REST) APIs, comfortable working with code snippets and design/functional specifications.
● Experience and demonstrated training ability.
● Ability to undertake basic data manipulation and automated report creation.
● Ability to think creatively and strategically, especially when looking at combining documentation and training needs.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate effectively with a broad range of people across the organization
● A demonstrated dedication to considering things from the customer’s perspective
● Clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to non-technical audiences
● Must comply with Company and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) established safety policies and requirements
● Ability to travel (expected travel in this role <10%)