The Customer Success Manager serves as the primary point of contact for EnerNOC’s largest enterprise customers. They will establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in a portfolio of accounts that include many of North America’s largest energy users. The Customer Success Manager enables customer success and achieves account objectives through the full suite of Enel X offerings including Energy Intelligence Software (EIS), Utility Bill Management, DERs, Procurement, and Professional Services. The Customer Success Manager works closely with Energy Advisors and other SMEs to educate customers on the costs drivers of energy and guides them in the development and implementation of strategies to reduce overall energy costs. The Customer Success Manager serves as the internal voice of the customer while working with others across EnerNOC to solve customer challenges. Primary success metrics in this role are customer satisfaction, retention of existing revenue and expansion sales.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Enel X’s largest global enterprise customers, proactively coordinating with cross-functional teams and organizations inside of Enel X
• Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in a portfolio of accounts
• Define customer’s desired goals—what success looks like—architecting and implementing an approach to meet those goals
• Proactively serve customer accounts to increase value realization across all procured products and services
• Identify and pursue expansion opportunities that align to customer desired outcomes, coordinating with other Enel teams
• Understand customer industry and business processes, and develop strong technical champions
• Understand and maintain the org map of the customer as an important tool in achieve his/her role
• Manage the renewal process for assigned accounts across all Enel X products & services
• Exceed quarterly customer satisfaction, retention & revenue targets
• High customer satisfaction and net promoter scores for assigned accounts
• Better than average retention rate for assigned accounts; Minimal loss of margin
• Low percentage of customers cancelling before the end of their contract term
• Continued follow on purchases from existing customers
• Increasing total contracted revenue for all assigned accounts
• Key personnel at assigned accounts are vocal champions of EnerNOC
• Customer case studies and formal and informal references from assigned accounts
• On-going contributions to the enhancement of the Global Account team’s capabilities
Core Skills & Talents:
• Exceptional at establishing credibility with key customer decision makers and influencers.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; exceptional listening skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value.
• Well organized; ability to manage multiple Accounts and relationships simultaneously.
• A drive to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
• A need to assume responsibility for work.
• An impatience to move others to action.
• B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, communications, economics or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 15 years professional experience
• 5-10 years in customer facing roles, such as Account Management and/or Sales
• Proven results in current role
• Prior energy experience required
• Solid understanding of energy markets, regulatory policy and competitive environment