This position will work on the development strategy to grow the company’s footprint in Canada, across renewable technologies; will identify opportunities on the basis of co-development relationships with project developers, as well as individual projects under development or in operation. Will work jointly with other disciplines to conduct due diligence on, as well as to manage the development of projects. Will coordinate an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development, from conception through handover to Engineering and Construction (E&C), and continued support through COD. The position is also responsible for supervising and mentoring Business Development Managers/Associates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Accomplished leadership abilities to motivate, lead, manage, coordinate and direct staff.
• Knowledge of and experience with project certification, inspection and consultancy services in renewable energy sector
• International business experience
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams
• Practiced organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement a range of business development programs
• Able to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in languages other than English (preferably Italian or Spanish)
• Master’s Degree or educational background as an Engineer
• At least 7-10 years’ experience with a strong financial background (valuation, transactional experience, tax and incentives) and in market development, utility sales and marketing
• Technical knowledge (familiarity with renewable technologies, power markets, legislation)
• Superior verbal and written skills
• Regular driver’s license required
• 30% domestic travel with limited international travel required.