Under the direction of the Site Manager, Hydro O&M, performs a variety of operational and electrical maintenance for assigned projects. Performs skilled generation facility and equipment maintenance work including operations. Responsible for the safe and effective operation of the Hydro power plant equipment, including turbine generator, auxiliary equipment, station service, emergency equipment, and stream flow equipment.
Performs work independently, as a member of a work team, and/or by providing technical direction and project management to co-workers, helpers, and to both internal and external resources.
· Serve as a local leader in working safely and within all local, state federal and company guidelines.
· Work with Site Manager to coordinate, track and manage electrical maintenance activities performed by third party providers.
· Lead troubleshooting and evaluation of operation and electrical equipment for assigned region including the development of the associated documentation as defined by the Site Manager, Regional Manager, and Technical Services Group.
· In coordination with the Site Manager, participate in project planning ensuring – access to the necessary plant level information and site conditions.
· Perform onsite work and local project management in the implementation of Operations, Routine and Reoccurring Maintenance, Major Repairs and Capex for Operational, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Activities.
· Evaluate equipment failures with the Site Manager and Engineering team for methods or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
· Support in the budgeting process as well as for the Health Status Forms with the Site Manager or for the region assigned.
· Performs hydroelectric power plant operations including starting, stopping, switching, safe clearance procedures, and load/voltage control.
· Operate and uses a variety of equipment, tools, and machinery such as, grinders, lathes, shapers, milling machines, drill presses, forklifts, motorized man-lifts, a variety of cranes, and lights trucks.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Site Manager.
. Provide support for operations as required by Site Manager, including but not limited to data collection, and daily rounds/inspections.
. Interface with Site Manager for the creation and the implementation of the yearly and 5 year maintenance plans.
. Interface with Site Manager and Technical Services for any issue relevant to plant performance or Dam Safety to include inspections and the implementation of any action and or repair plan.
. Interface with Site Manager and Purchasing & Logistics in support of any procurement actions as required to support the region
· Associates degree in Electrical Technology or equivalent
· Journeyman Electrical License preferred
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 7 of related experience
· Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines, with strong sense of urgency in the face of important issues.
· Operational power plant experience is a plus.
· Strong Knowledge with NFPA 70E, NEC and other federal electrical codes and requirements
· Ability to use electrical test equipment such as, meg ohm meter and multi process calibration equipment.
· Energetic self-starter who is comfortable dealing with both internal & external clients
· Willing and able to adjust quickly to rapidly changing priorities
· Strong knowledge in electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques
· Willingness to work overtime when required.
· Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office suite.
· Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
· Must be able to travel as needed up to 80%.
· The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.
· Familiar with Electrical PPE, its use and requirements as well as the care of PPE
. Ability to work autonomously in a complex, technical environment with attention to