The Site Manager is responsible for the direction, management and control of the assets for assigned projects. The position has Budget responsibility for assigned projects and is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders, regulatory agencies, and Enel Green Power customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Operate and maintain all regional hydro assets within regulatory guidelines.
o Ensure all safety practices and policies are implemented across assigned assets in the region with the support of HSEQ.
o Review and Report on monthly results for relevant Safety and Environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) ; total MTD & YTD Safety Observations, Near Misses, Incidents, Spills with both Material and Environmental impacts.
· Manages execution of all plant activities coming from Planners via Work Orders.
o Budget and schedule responsibility and performance of projects within assigned region (Opex, Capex, Regulatory and Improvement items) to include budget and schedule
o Work with the Regional Planner in the assignment of personnel and scheduling in real time Work Orders for execution.
o Review and report on monthly KPI (MTD & YTD) results [Planned vs. Actual] for the assets assigned; Production, Energy Availability, Opex and Capex and % Planned/Unplanned.
o Identify methods to increase project efficiency and implement capital improvement projects to increase project profitability.
o Coordinate technician ON-CALL team schedules
· The local point of interface and coordination with;
o Control and Monitoring Room in the operations of the assigned plants
o Planning in the development the Maintenance Plans and the annual budgets and 5 and 10 yr. plan for facilities assigned
o Engineering in the development of Scope of Works and in real time support of plant activities and optimization of plant performance, generation and availability.
o Purchasing in the development of the plans, Scopes of Work and Purchasing.
o Knowledge Management in the development of Processes and procedures and maintenance document storage.
· Monitor site performance via SCADA, CMR, Network Mgr., Remote Desktop and SAP
· Ensure full and complete use of SAP as our enterprise system as required to properly manage assigned assets within the team.
· Reviews and closes Work Orders and Notifications for completeness and accuracy including
o Initial and subsequent data entries,
o Schedule and
o Location for deliveries
o Services and/or materials
o Instructions and or other documentation important to the work order.
· Manage local inventory by plant including performance of inventory audits
· Manage the coordination and execution of all outages to ensure cost control and minimize down time.
· Work with the Hydro Licensing Manager and the Chief Dam Safety Engineer to ensure that all necessary planning and commitments are met.
· Support E&C and Business Development with the review of technical specifications and project plans for purchase or development of new projects or major upgrades.
· Technical Document writing for CMR, SOP and all other plant processes and procedures.
· Partner with the Knowledge Management Group to:
o Implement a qualification and continuous improvement program for all Hydro Technicians.
o Manage the development, updates, and implementation of plant operations, maintenance, and safety procedures.
· Participate in recruitment, interviewing and selection of Regional Hydro Staff.
· Create and manage personnel performance plans for all direct reports with bi-annual reviews.
· Must have the ability to manage multiple direct reports on daily tasks and activities including, but not limited to, timecard verifications, personal time off requests and work scheduling adjustments.
· Create and maintain 24/7 emergency response schedule for site outages.
· Minimum of 8 yrs. relative experience with Plant Operations and or Hydro Maintenance
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience; hydro power plant operations preferred
· Demonstrated initiative and drive for high achievement and continuous improvement
· Good communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
· Ability to work off hours as needed
· Ability to comment on legal documents and agreements
· 50 % travel required (domestic and international)
· Valid state driver’s license
· NFPA 70 E Trained
· Experience working with Microsoft Word, Project and Excel
· IT Tool Knowledge required: SAP, SAP PM, Power BI
· Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including climbing ladders, stairs, and perform comprehensive site inspections.