- Operate and maintain all regional hydro assets within regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all safety practices and policies are implemented across assigned assets in the region with the support of HSEQ
- Review and Report on monthly results for relevant Safety and Environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) ; total MTD & YTD Safety Observations, Near Misses, Incidents, Spills with both Material and Environmental impacts
- Manages execution of all plant activities coming from Planners via Work Orders
- Budget and schedule responsibility and performance of projects within assigned region (Opex, Capex, Regulatory and Improvement items) to include budget and schedule
- Work with the Regional Planner in the assignment of personnel and scheduling in real time Work Orders for execution
- Review and report on monthly KPI (MTD & YTD) results [Planned vs. Actual] for the assets assigned; Production, Energy Availability, Opex and Capex and % Planned/Unplanned
- Identify methods to increase project efficiency and implement capital improvement projects to increase project profitability
- Coordinate technician ON-CALL team schedules
- The local point of interface and coordination with;
o Control and Monitoring Room in the operations of the assigned plants
o Planning in the development the Maintenance Plans and the annual budgets and 5 and 10 yr. plan for facilities assigned
o Engineering in the development of Scope of Works and in real time support of plant activities and optimization of plant performance, generation and availability.
o Purchasing in the development of the plans, Scopes of Work and Purchasing.
o Knowledge Management in the development of Processes and procedures and maintenance document storage
- Monitor site performance via SCADA, CMR, Network Mgr., Remote Desktop and SAP
- Ensure full and complete use of SAP as our enterprise system as required to properly manage assigned assets within the team
- Reviews and closes Work Orders and Notifications for completeness and accuracy including
o Initial and subsequent data entries,
o Schedule and
o Location for deliveries
o Services and/or materials
o Instructions and or other documentation important to the work order.
- Manage local inventory by plant including performance of inventory audits
- Manage the coordination and execution of all outages to ensure cost control and minimize down time
- Work with the Hydro Licensing Manager and the Chief Dam Safety Engineer to ensure that all necessary planning and commitments are met
- Support E&C and Business Development with the review of technical specifications and project plans for purchase or development of new projects or major upgrades
- Technical Document writing for CMR, SOP and all other plant processes and procedures
- Partner with the Knowledge Management Group to:
o Implement a qualification and continuous improvement program for all Hydro Technicians
o Manage the development, updates, and implementation of plant operations, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Participate in recruitment, interviewing and selection of Regional Hydro Staff
- Create and manage personnel performance plans for all direct reports with bi-annual reviews
- Must have the ability to manage multiple direct reports on daily tasks and activities including, but not limited to, timecard verifications, personal time off requests and work scheduling adjustments
- Create and maintain 24/7 emergency response schedule for site outages.
This position will supervise a regional team of technicians, among other items approves ADP time entries and time off coordinating the Region calendar in order to ensure plant operations and maintenance coverage.