The position, while under minimal guidance of the Principal Project Engineer, will define and implement project engineering design phases, coordinates and controls engineering inputs fixed general criteria and schedule from different disciplines, ensuring that technical issues are resolved and project objectives are met. Provides liaison, on engineering activities progress, between Project Manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. Ensures engineering assistance coordination during construction and commissioning phases. Assures technical disciplines coordination, in compliance with the design and main engineering activities schedule.
· While under minimal guidance and direction of senior team members, the position performs this following essential functions:
· Lead and coordinate the engineering team for performing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting and Detailed Design (shop drawings and IFC drawings) related to Solar Power Plants
· Lead and coordinate the engineering team for validating/reviewing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting and Detailed Design (shop drawings and IFC drawings) performed by external service providers related to Solar Power Plants
· Lead and coordinate, while interfacing with the other Units within the Organization, the engineering team for preparing the technical part of the business case for any new opportunity to be submitted to the Project's Sponsor (Organization Investment Committee)
· Perform, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the overall planning of the project's design activities related to Solar Power Plants
· Estimate, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the costs related to the construction of Solar Power Plants
· Perform, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the risk assessment related to the development and the construction of Solar Power Plants
· Develop, create and update on a regular basis the design guidelines to be used for any RFPs to be issued by the Organization and / or to be used by external co-developers
· Plan and Execute, by managing the engineering team, all the engineering activities needed for any RFPs related to Services, Supply and Works (preparation of the technical package to be provided to Procurement Function within the Organization, Bids Technical evaluation, Bids ranking and Contracts negotiation) related to Solar Power Plants
· Manage, with the support of other units within the Organization, the engineering service contracts
· Support the other units within the Organization for the management supply, construction and commissioning contracts entered into with external service providers related to own field of expertise
· Support the other units within the Organization for assuring the quality of the construction (supplies and works) of the Solar Power Plants (completeness and correctness of the Quality Control Plans prepared by the Suppliers, assessment and management of all the Non Conformities related to engineering issues, etc.)
· Manage the engineering team for assessing all the Design Changes occurred during the project life cycle (by tracking all the changes, by assessing the impacts on the project's objectives and by controlling the implementation)
· Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all the technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder (TSO/ISO, DSO, Banks, Sponsor's, third party engineering company, Electrical National Body, local authorities, etc.)
· Support the other units within the Organization during the start-up and commissioning of the Solar Power Plants
· Ensure the engineering support to the other units of the Organization for completing the Hand Over of the Project to the Operation and Maintenance Function of the Organization (closure construction Punch List, completion of the AS-BUILT drawings, etc...)
· Work with the Principal Project Engineer for Manage the engineering team for preparing the technical proposals.
· Prepare project status reports for communicating with team members and other project stakeholders, whether they are internal (at all organizational levels) or external to the organization.
· Implements the lessons learned continuously in the projects, sharing the best practices and knowledge with the other units of the Organization and inside the Design Unit.
· Provide feedbacks for the continuous improvement of the design methodologies to the Principal Project Engineer